Monday, January 27, 2014

Welcome!

Thanks for visiting! I previously blogged at thetravisinbloom.blogspot.com but felt led to start fresh under a more appropriate blog title. I chose this title, not because I have been diagnosed with a disease but because I am a Christian. And since the hardest part of being a Christian is dying to self while loving others, Confession of a Dying Woman seems to be the perfect label for the things God puts on my heart to share with you as I seek to endure through that painful yet rewarding process of having less of me but more of Jesus Christ. 

Let's be honest, we don't talk enough about the reality of our struggles because judgement and shame lingers at the door. But when I read the scriptures, I know I am called to share some really ugly things about myself because it isn't about me, but my Savior. This blog won't be your traditional Christian blog, but one that challenges me and my readers in new ways. I hope to keep my writings shorter than I have in the past because I recognize that we're all balancing so much these days. 

Whether you are a Christian or not, I believe you'll be able to relate to me and my struggles. If you ARE NOT a Christian, I hope you'll find the consistent message that not one of we Christians are perfect and we're not all self-righteous and mean-spirited.  But we do hold a very real and precious hope that all of our struggles in this life are not wasted and we don't have to count on our own strength to do what we're called to do, although we forget that too often.  We have something worth sharing, even with all of our flaws. It's all about mercy and love and grace that we're no more worthy of than our fellow man. If you ARE a Christian, I want you to walk away knowing that you don't struggle alone and encouraged to keep on going. And to all of my readers-- You are dearly loved by your Creator. 

No comments:

Post a Comment